January, 2011 NDCA Meeting Highlights
- Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Highlights from the meeting that took place in Dallas, TX - January 7th and 8th, 2011
January 2011 Meeting Highlights
The NDCA bi-annual meeting was held in Dallas, Texas on January 7th and 8th, 2011. The points and rule changes from the meeting are as follows:
* President Brian McDonald clarified the moratorium on multi day competitions/championships. The moratorium has been in effect for the past 10 years and applies to the following areas:
* A motion to repeal the Local One Day Events was defeated.
* An alternate motion to freeze applications of Local One Day Events was also defeated.
* The 21 day rule that applies to all events would also include the Local One Day Events.
* A rule was passed that no single person entries would be allowed. The entry must be a couple as defined in the current rule book.
* An International Style step lists for Bronze, Silver and Gold in both Ballroom and Latin were accepted and will appear in the Rule Book.
* Additions to the current invigilation rules were made which include the following:
(1) Early round violation - A warning from the Chairman of Judges or the Invigilator.
(2) Repeated violation in subsequent rounds - all recalls or marks for that dance erased.
(3) Final round violation -
(a) Where no previous infraction has been made, the couple will be marked down one place in that dance.
(b) When a competitor has already been warned and repeats the same infraction in a final round, they will be marked down to last place in the dance where the repeated infraction
occurred. The competitor who has been penalized will be given a copy of the infraction.
* Added to the preteen dress code was a rule prohibiting edging of any kind on hem lines, neck lines, etc.
* Amateurs who are teaching will be permitted to enter with their students in Pro/Am competition, provided the teacher is registered with the NDCA as a Competing Teacher.
* NDCA Organizers will not be allowed to accept any IDSF sanctioned events at their competition.
* Judi Hatton was presented the United States Dancesport Hall of Fame award at the Board of Governors meeting.
* Re-elected to office were 1st Vice President - Judi Hatton, Executive Secretary - Tom Murdock, Treasurer - Dennis Rogers.
* July meeting dates - July 8th and 9th, 2011 - Dallas, Texas.